What is Symfony?
Symfony is an open source PHP, full-stack MVC framework, and incorporates many features and good development practices of the PHP domain. Symfony is a benchmark for the development of showcase and, e-commerce websites, as well as for secure and scalable web applications.
Halfway between CMS and raw programming, the Symfony framework provides turnkey features.
Regardless of the type of application or solution being developed, the framework is designed to simplify developments by taking care of time-consuming and repetitive tasks, instead of them falling to the developer.
What is a framework ?
Put simply, it is a kind of guide used for PHP code structuring. A framework allows for the incremental improvement of development, since it ensures the certainty of developing an application that adheres to the rules of project management. Developers save time by using generic modules, with the aim of focusing on the development of specific ones. A framework is a quality assurance that allows easy application maintenance and development.
A framework designed for businesses
Symfony has been designed to address the following issues:
- Create professional sites.
- Manage complex issues.
- Respond to demanding environments.
Symfony provides a methodology with:
- A writing convention and organization.
- A discipline of the product code.
- Model MVC (Controller View Model).
The development tools provided by Symfony include: CRUD, Admin generator and plugins.CRUD
This is used to perform basic operations within the database: create, read, update and delete. You just have to run a command line to generate these actions.Admin generator
Just set up a text file and Symfony does the rest. Through a command line, Symfony creates filters and helps administer the website. Additional programming just involves managing settings.Symfony Plugins
More than 200 Symfony plugins are available, These include:
- sfGuardPlugin: manage authentication.
- sfThumbnailPlugin: thumbnail creation.
- sfEasyGMapPlugin: allow integrating Google Map geo-location.
- sfTCPDFPlugin: manage PDF generation.
- … and many more
The power of Symfony
Symfony draws its power from many elements:
- A large community uses this framework and contributes to its evolution.
- It’s regularly updated and benefits from quality documentation.
- A source code powered by dedicated developers.
- Its code takes into account the highest programming standards.
With Symfony, a development team can work faster because they write less code. Less code also leads to less complexity, which in turn leads to a significant decrease in the number of bugs. As a result, teams are more productive and save time, which can then be invested in the implementation of the business strategy or in the resolution of project boundary cases through experimentation and innovation.
Tech, methods and news
The challenges of your business strategy based on new technologies: convergence, data proliferation, customer empowerment, speed and volatility etc.